Sunday 27 October 2013

DIDDY OPENS UP ABOUT DAD'S DEATH.

P Diddy has opened up about the death of his father.The rapper and business mogul - whose real name is Sean Combs - is the son of Janice and Melvin Combs, who was shot aged 33 in 1972. Diddy revealed on Twitter that launching his latest business venture had made him think about the absence of his father in his life.

He wrote: "I've never spoken openly about my father ..but launching @Revolttv moved me to share and let people know the truth''

"For every young person who lost their Father or grew up without parents know you can still conquer the WORLD!!

"My father was killed when I was 3 yrs old...we didn't share a lot of moments but he's always lived in my spirit!!"

He says: "I don't have a lot of memories of my father. They say you can't miss something you never had... but there's definitely been times as I've gotten older that I've missed my father, and his presence not being there... and been sorry not to ask manly advice and things you would ask your father. And things that he would celebrate, that would make him proud.

"My father was a drug dealer and hustler, so I learned early in life there were only two ways out of that - either end up in jail or work even harder."I definitely think the route I went on, staying out the streets, hitting my books and trying to be somebody, I think he played a role in it.

"Even if we don't know our parents we still have their DNA in us, I have his hustler's mentality, his spirit, his drive, his determination, his swag..."My father's name was Melvin Combs and I'm Melvin's son, Sean Combs"He said.

No comments:

Post a Comment